Maintaining the physical appearance and integrity of a building’s brickwork is essential. If water is allowed to enter and penetrate your brickwork, it will cause significant deterioration, damage and will result in the building structure losing value. There are many advantages to brick repointing.
Brick pointing is the most effective way of restoring the condition and physical appearance of a building structure, and it forms an essential part in overall and ongoing building maintenance. Among other advantages of brick pointing, it will:
• Repair the structural integrity of your building’s brickwork
• Ensure weatherproofing in your walls
• Restore the overall appearance and brickwork of your home
• Maintain or significantly increase the overall value of your home or property
• Reduce any ongoing maintenance on your brickwork
Ensuring brickwork maintenance in your home is very essential. This is more especially if your house is old or is exposed to other external elements such as water. Doing will ensure, value longevity for your brickwork by:
• Promptly repairing crumbling and decaying mortar
• Removing climbing plants and creeps with evasive roots that can relentlessly damage your brick walls
• Discovering different ranges of sealants that help in further averting damage to your mortar and brickwork by water.
• Consider the regular maintenance of your home and brickwork by employing the services of a qualified builder or a professional with expert skills in brickwork cleaning
Brick repointing and restoration can be widely viewed as an investment than an expense. This is because the overall costs are much lower than the benefits associated with it. An increase in the value of the property may come in handy for resale purposes, and it will provide an appealing appearance to the building structure as well as reducing risks of costly structural defects.
A major setback with brick repointing and restoration is that there significant risks associated with undertaking such a brick restoration project.
With the amount of visual and external work involved to a building structure during the course of its maintenance, great care and caution must be taken to ensure that the company or professional undertaking the work possess the right skills as well as experience.